The Desert League of Professional Baseball is an independent fall league. The season runs from September until November with each team playing 36 regular season games. All of our players will be paid. No player will pay to play in our league – this is true professional baseball.
We are catering to the first-year pro player. Our goal is to help players get their foot in the door of professional baseball, therefore we have adopted roster rules that require each team to carry 12 rookies. If you are looking for a place to start your professional career look no further. The Desert League is a perfect fit for players that have gone undrafted out of college or players that have been released from pro organizations.
LEAGUE LEADERS: (FINAL)
AVG H 2B 3B HR
.421 Hunt 36 Duffin 9 Billeo 4 Duffin 5 Slater
.410 Hoffman 33 Martinez 8 Stimpson 3 Hoffman 5 Duffin
.397 Briseno 33 Fabry 8 Duffin 2 Six Tied 4 Van Atta
.388 Terintola 33 Zaks 8 Hunt 3 Fabry
.375 Van Atta 31 Billelo 7 Two Tied
RBI SB R
30 Van Atta 19 Moorer 31 Zaks
28 Billelo 18 Wong 27 Wong
24 Duffin 12 Guerra 27 Fabry
23 Fabry 11 Thomas 27 Billelo
21 Slater 10 Two Tied 25 Van Atta
MAPLE LEAFS SWEEP PLAYOFFS – WIN CROWN!
- Austin Boyle – Yuma Hammers – signs with Tijuana Toros of AAA Mexican League for upcoming season.
- YUMA MAPLE LEAFS win regular season championship – face Imperial Ghost Riders in Playoffs
- ABRAHAM ARIAS NAMED ROOKIE OF THE YEAR – the Imperial Ghost Rider first baseman was chosen by the league managers as the best first-year pro
- ELIJAH BRISENO NAMED DESERT LEAGUE EL ALMIRANTE MVP – the Yuma Maple Leaf hit .383 as a leadoff hitter and helped lead the Leafs to the regular season championship. The award is named after Mexican League HOFer Nelson Barrera.
- DEMETRIOUS MOORER NAMED ANTONIO VILLAESCUSA STOLEN BASE CHAMPION – the Maple Leaf led the league in steals with 19 and outran all players when it came to the base paths.
- SCOTT NATHANSON Named MANAGER OF THE YEAR after leading his Maple Leafs to both the regular season and championship winner’s circle.
- KORI MELLO Named THE WIZARD OF OZ FIELDING AWARD after showcasing his talents at 3rd base this year.
- JOE DUFFIN Named JOSH GIBSON SLUGGER AWARD after hitting 8 doubles, 4 triples and 5 homers while hitting .350 and knocking in 24 runs while scoring 23 himself.
- MARTY ANDERSON Named GEORGE BRUNET MOST VALUABLE PITCHER AWARD winner after tossing the league’s only no-hitter and striking out 52 batters in 39 innings with a 1.85 era.
“Mmmmm…donuts.” Homer Simpson
Official Chiropractor of the Desert League